This will also apply to packaging that is not subject to system participation. The Central Agency Packaging Register (ZSVR) will activate the LUCID register for this purpose from 5 May 2022.
It is important to note that no quantities will have to be reported, only the type(s) of packaging that is/are being placed on the market for the first time:
- service packaging (also in the case of delegation to the upstream distribution stage)
- transport packaging accumulating in trade or wholesale
- retail and grouped packaging accumulating at the industrial end user
- retail and grouped packaging for which system participation is excluded due to system incompatibility pursuant to section 7 (5) VerpackG
- retail packaging for hazardous contents
- reusable packaging
- single-use beverage packaging subject to deposit pursuant to section 31 VerpackG.
The ZSVR offers with the
- topic package "Overview of amendments to the Verpackungsgegsetz (Packaging Act)" and an
- overview of delineating between packaging subject to system participation and packaging not subject to system participation
Note from the Central Agency: Those who are already registered in LUCID, by the way, add the additionally required information to the existing registration (registration amendment).
The ZSVR will make new explanatory films available online in the coming weeks on “registration amendment” and on the topics of "explanation of new obligations" and the "new registration process".
Der Grüne Punkt does not provide legal advice. The information provided is without guarantee.